Michael Lindfield, is a highly respected consultantand executive coach with over 35 years of international experience of working with individuals and organizations to unleash the creative power of the human spirit. He enjoys supporting individuals and groups who are at significant crossroads -both personally and professionally -and are searching for new direction, inspiration and viable practices to help them achieve more productive and meaningful lives of service.
Michael brings a deep understanding of organizational and human dynamics from a whole-system perspective that -together with his gift for uncovering the real questions that live at the heart of any issue -helps clients lead and manage their business endeavors with greater clarity, wisdom and success within today’s interdependent and ever-changing world.
Michael is author of "The Dance of Change: an eco-spiritual approach to transformation" (Penguin Books 1986) and numerous articles featured in psychology, education and business journals. He is currently volunteering as Board President of Meditation Groups Inc, located at Meditation Mount, Ojai in California. Michael is committed to living a balanced, healthy, and service-oriented life. He creates this rhythm of renewal through trail running, cycling, gardening and listening to the piano music of Chopin, Schubert, Haydn and Bill Evans.
Michael Lindfield learned his craft from a broad range of experiences that include:
- Working as a senior organization development consultant with The Boeing Companyfrom 1989-2005 -introducing innovative methods for large-scale change of the business and people systems, coaching individuals and teams in break-throughand systems thinking and assisting clients in creating the right cultural conditions for success.
- Serving as Director of Education, co-founder of the Cullerne Garden School and a key member of the Leadership Team during a 14-year residency at the Findhorn Foundation (the renowned international community in northern Scotland seeking to build a viable and sustainable society by applying shared core values in all aspects of daily group life).
- Providing executive coaching and career counseling to help align the ‘inner’and the ‘outer’within one’s chosen professional and personal path -connecting purpose, passion and competencies to produce a greater sense of self-fulfillment and client satisfaction.
- Offering organization development, training and coaching services through Lindfield & Associatesto clients (senior leadership teams, key initiatives and project teams) in health care, state and local government, schools, non-profits and local technology companies.
- Working as an Associate of the Center for Ethical Leadership, Seattle.
- Acting as VP of Consulting Services for Our Best Work–a talent-management life-cycle resource for businesses and professionals to help create the workforce of the future.
- Conducting seminars and presenting at conferences around the world on the psychological implications and cultural aspects of leading and managing change.